Saturday, April 24, 2010

Good Conversation, Bad Food

Fri night was one of those rare occassions where I was invited out and had an excellent time with mostly people I don't know. It was an after-work drinks thing but none of us work in the same office! Drinks started off and ended the evening well, the danger came in choosing the wrong restaurant.

I think that if a restaurant can't serve 8 mains (including 3 steaks) at the same time, they might as well stop trading.

I waited an extra 20+ minutes for my steak whilst everyone else tried to stretch their meal out so I wouldn't have to eat alone! No offer for nibbles, drinks or anything else. In the end it came but wasn't as good as the others' steaks. Kermadec will never have my custom again!

I did look forward to the creme brulee in the beginning but that would have been an expensive end to a terrible dinner anyway...

Sorry for complaining. I feel better now. It's been a turbulant week. I found out that I will have to do the same thing for work again. For the FORTH time. Changes were made without consultation, popular consent, thought nor planning. It's clear that I value my time more than they value the temp's.

I mean, it's not just about the pay is it? I'm proud of my work, and to have to redo it three times when it's not my fault is almost unbearable.

Oh well. Next week's a new week and four WILL be the final number.

No comments: