Thursday, April 8, 2010

An Eventful Week

So much for the end to the long wait for the job in Japan. It appears that I'm now on a reserve list which means someone has to be bumped off in order for me to get a placing. Hopefully there are lots of impatient people ahead of me, and in the 4 months they've had to wait they've already gotten a pretty good job and decide not to go. Anyway more waiting ahead!

I have survived a pretty intensive week with the extended family now gone, I'm back to my "routine". In the end, I did get a nicely written card of thanks for...
- taking them to the beach
- making them yummy food
- 'beating' them for their own good (I did not)
- Teaching them manners (I had to blackmail them by saying they'll never get second dates with their table manners, and not even a first date with their lack of social grace :p)
- Looking after them

So in the end, it wasn't bad at all, and everyone may even have had a little fun in the process...

No comments: