Sunday, April 11, 2010

Life's Lesson No.2

Patience is a virtue.

Or so they say. Just received word back from the Japanese people that I'm on a reserve list, and that they'll get back to me about a position by December 2010 - DECEMBER??? Now, let's just back up a bit and look at the timeline:

Nov 22 - arrive back in Auckland
Nov 24 - Starts writing the application and preparing all necessary documents
Dec 3 - Submits application
Feb 4 - Went for interview
April 10 - receives letter on reserve list
July 28 - Suppose to leave for Japan (if you got the job)
Aug 1-3 - Orientation in Japan
Aug 4 - Arrives at teaching destination
.
.
.
Dec sometime - Will tell me IF I have a job or not. If not, ops, bad luck for waiting around for a year

Does this all sound fishy to anyone? Especially since I haven't received any information on important things like salary, accommodation etc

Patience is a virtue up to a point, right?

No comments: