Monday, May 24, 2010

Shame on You

"Shame on You" to the gentleman at the Toastmaster meeting I went to tonight, who, being a past International President (of the club) and a verbose speaker, did not have the manners to introduce himself, made no effort to learn anything about me before lecturing a visiting member (myself) about NOT joining more than one club, and to top it off, have the audacity to ask why I have no life besides Toastmasters when I revealed that I like to visit other clubs.

Hey, why put down other people's passions and hobbies? Why do ask people to justify how they wish to spend a perfectly harmless past-time if you only wish to disagree with them?

Sure, it could be that I "misinterpreted", or that it was a joke - but surely as a Distinguish Toastmaster, one would be expected to be an advanced user of words and a communicator who knows his audience. Therefore, with all due respect to your skills in words, I have no other choice than to believe that you really, did mean what you say.

What happened to good old-fashioned manners aye?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think occasionally one still can find men with good old- fastioned manners in novels of 18th or 19th century. Anna Ho