Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Corporate Life 3

The dangers of Corporate life: Being stuck in the toilet/stairwell.

It was my own fault really, for not having my swipe card on me all the time. Being late Friday night, just about to leave, I went to use the loos (=toilets) and found myself locked in the stairwell as there was no way of getting out without the electronic card...

Now who's the bright spark who invented a building where you are trapped in its bowels if you should be a little forgetful, and then just to tease you, install buttons that look like bells that do absolutely NOTHING! ha ha ha what a joke it must have seemed like to the architect.

To add salt to the wound, after half an hour of banging on all the doors from levels 9 - b2 and back, I was let out only to find that there were colleagues who heard "someone banging" - but didn't bother to go and investigate the noise!

Are people are so wrapped it in their own little worlds that they have no room to care about anything else?

*sigh*

Lesson learnt: It takes a lot of self-restraint to not wrangle colleagues in times of desperation.

No comments: